Wednesday, July 12, 2006

The Big Game

On Monday night i made my Street Hockey debut in the 20th Annual Staff Vs. Admin ( All the top people plus all of the campers turned councellors). We had a combination of roller and foot lines and i was in the third foot line. I thought i did ok and when i got back to my bunk my kids said that i had 'an awesome game' and that a lot of people had played worse than i had! Some of the other kids cheered me on to the rink and chanted my name, it was awesome! My carear in the NHL will be commencing from next week.

However the game got quite heated especially with some of the former campers and we wound up losing 3-2, partly due to the inexperience of our roller lines compared with the opposition, and there was very nearly a fight with Bolter and Chris Keefe, and Ben, our captain threatened to pull the game as there team were getting very physical and there were several points where people from each side jumped onto the rink in anticipation, But all the kids loved the game and especially enjoyed the staff serving them breakfast in bed as our part of the deal!

Yesturday was trip day number two where we went to 'Lower Falls' Which was basically an arrangement of natural rapids/ mini watefall type things. It was great as was something you'd never be allowed to go on in the UK especially not take a group of 40 kids too! I had to get in to help one of the kids out who was stuck on a rock and then got swept down one of the waterfalls. I was ok, usual life flashing before eyes package which was fun, Managed to bang my hip and bum which are both a bit sore now, tho a nice combination of ice and advil has helped. (people that know me well enough will realise how much it hurts that i actually took medication!) then spent the next hour helping the kids as they came down the waterfall. We were very lucky that no one was seriously hurt!In the afternoon we went to pirates cove for minature golf! wooo! Then ice cream and home.

Now, the mail contest has been jointly won by angharad and my grandma as both letters arrived on monday, but please keep sending stuff! The kids are starting to get care packages now and im getting jealous!!!

T

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, I'm glad the letter got there! And by the way, 'Anonymous' was me...xx
Angharad

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought I was Anonymous!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, I'm Anonynmous and so is my husband!!!

10:01 PM  
Blogger Delorean Gray said...

i think we should have an anonymous amnesty!

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home