Monday, August 14, 2006

The End of Part 1

On friday, amoungst many tears from the campers at least, camp wildwood 2006 came to a close.
I jumped onto one of the camp buses which was headed for the outskirts of new york city where i am now.
Ive been travelling with gavin who is from epsom and for the first two nights we stayed in a hostel in chealsea which turns out to be in the middle of the gay district! There was even a bar called rawhide at the end of the street which the hostel was on!

On friday we went for a walk round time square followed by going to see rocky horror picture show in the cinema with a live cast in front of the screen, was abosultely hilarious and a lot of fun, even if i did get called on stage!

On saturday we went down to the river with the intetion of going up the statue of liberty but in the end we just went on the staten island ferry and saw her from the outside as the cue(line) was too long! Then in the afternoon we walked up 5th avenue which was good and saw the empire state building but again didnt go in! We also went to the world trade centre site which was very moving along with seeing the oliver stone film world trade centre which was quite good.


Sunday ment it was time for us to move across town to a different hostel and then we went to the beach at coney island which was awesome, quite like blackpool but with nice weather! Last night went on the walk of all walks and ended up 70 streets away but all the subways had shit so had to walk back! arr!

Anyways it on to Washington D.C on wed and from there, who knows!

T

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tim

I have finally got round to reading your blogg. Here we have had no internet for over a month, so I am really just catching up with everything now im working in the office with my only jobs being to answer the phone and surf the net as my manager has told me. Anyway life at Camp Beaumont is great (most of the time). I don't do much work and the most work I do involves walking around with horses! I hope you got my package that I sent over to you, mum said she posted it. I will come and visit you when you get back as I have lots to fill you in on. Enjoy your touring around america and remember to keep sending me postcards.

Ele ;o)

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Tim,
Glad things are still fun. I had to bail on NYC due to lack of fundage (a year away left me very poor) but DC is a great place. Make sure you visit the postal museam!!
Hazel A
x

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know if you're checking your emails but I've sent you one! Thank you for my New York postcard! Hope all is well. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Angharad xxx

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home